Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Redirected and Recommited!

My last blog was a frustrated piece of reading material.  I had created my own drama by not taking action towards a well defined goal.  I was completely engulfed in self-loathing and self-pity.  I will admit I have a very good excuse for having less energy and time to spend on my personal music goals, however, an excuse is an excuse if it keeps you from making ANY progress what-so-ever.

As of March 31st, the date of my last entry, I have created a well defined project and worked towards it in a consistent manner.   

The month of April was spent contemplating my project and writing/organizing the material to be included in it (as well as taking a well deserved Baby Moon to Kauai with my wonderful husband).  It was a relief to immerse myself in the creative process of writing and it helped me to become excited of the prospect of completion.  Completion being the thing that often eludes me during my musical endeavors. 

As of May 10th I am now heavily engulfed in the recording process.  I have also written a very precise timeline for the project completion and am doing my best to stick to it.  I have managed to reach a point that is almost non-existent while I am recording. I actually am enjoying myself immensely! 

That being said, I am also very aware of my limitations and recognize the need for some flexibility.  My hope is to be satisfied with what I can do and forgiving of myself when I don't meet all of my many expectations.  

How have I come to this possibly temporary euphoria with the musical creation process? 

I have embraced an idea that almost never enters my head when working on a project.  It may be shocking...It may be scary in a sense.  But here goes:

SIMPLICITY!

In all aspects of this project.  From lyrics and guitar to mastering and CD duplication I am insisting on clinging to the priceless saying, "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!"

No comments:

Post a Comment